Hello, please don’t misunderstand this post. This is just a reference for myself to come back and refresh my git knowledge and to reduce the turn around time to get to the official documentation. If that helps you as well it’s my pleasure. Thank you.
Below are the references to the Microsoft documentation regarding the Git repository using Azure. The first one is the master which has almost all references to the other references.
- Get started with Azure Repos and Visual Studio
- Create a new Git Repo
- Clone an existing Git repo
- Save work with commits
- Create work in branches
- Share code with push
- Update code with fetch and pull
- Create a pull request
- Apply changes with rebase
- Copy changes with cherry-pick
- Resolve merge conflicts
- Undo Changes
- Ignore file changes with Git
- Review History
The below reference talks about the importance of having a strategy for branching and the best practices regarding the same.